PDF version of posterQuit for good today, and give your baby a healthy start (PDF 291 KB)
Text version of posterSuperimposed on an image of a woman with a baby is the text "Quit for good today, and give your baby a healthy start".
When the urge to smoke strikes remember the '4Ds'
- Delay: Delay for a few minutes, the urge will pass
- Deep breathe: Breathe slowly and deeply
- Do something else: Ring a friend or practise your pre-natal exercises
- Drink water: Take 'time out' and sip slowly
Talk to your doctor today about how you can stop smoking for good.
Smoking increases the risk of:
- Premature labour
- Infection and breathing difficulties due to low birth weight
- SIDS (sudden infant death syndrome)
Quitline 13 7848
For more information please visit australia.gov.au/quitnow
Every cigarette you don't smoke is doing you good
Authorised by the Australian Government, Capital Hill, Canberra
Printed by The Campaign Palace, Level 6, 150 William Street, Woolloomooloo NSW, 2011